Momentus’ team of experts provide innovative, practical and viable consulting engineering and project management solutions. Our services include:
- property and building condition assessments, design and investigation of building enclosure systems, parking garage structures, roof assemblies and site services,
- design; project management and contract administration associated with new construction, restoration, retrofit, and renewal capital and maintenance projects as well as
- capital planning, reserve fund studies and depreciation reports and maintenance manuals.
Our clients can expect clear, viable and innovative solutions to support their needs while meeting their buildings’ requirements.
Whether for a purchase or sale agreement, financing and refinancing, capital expenditure planning or pre- and post-leasing review, our experienced team of engineers will evaluate the physical condition and operating effectiveness of all building elements. Our property condition assessments offer a due diligence review of available drawings and documents and all building components and systems for all building types – commercial; industrial; institutional; office; retail; mixed-use; hospitality and municipal.
Working with our partners and associate experts, we provide comprehensive Phase I and II environmental site assessments and fire safety reviews as well as designated/hazardous materials survey reports and testing.
Condominium/Strata Assessments and Audits
Certified Reserve Planners, registered with the Real Estate Institute of Canada (REIC), and provincially associated certified engineering and architectural technicians and technologists prepare our capital plans, reserve fund studies and depreciation reports; a registered professional engineer then signs and reviews them.
Our building-specific maintenance manuals and programs outline clear and realistic maintenance objectives and schedules to optimize performance and maintain and increase the value of your property. They provide a clear and simple understanding of the building elements, systems and equipment so you can more easily prioritize your building’s maintenance needs and maximize its lifespan.
Building Science and Restoration Engineering
Our team of experts provide detailed reviews and assessments of:
- building envelopes including, curtain and window walls, precast wall assemblies, brick masonry assemblies, fenestration assemblies and waterproofing systems testing,
- structural and waterproofing membranes forming the various types parking garage structures and parkades,
- balconies, and
- roof assemblies.
Mechanical and Electrical
Multi-disciplinary Project Management
We work with our partners and associates to provide project-based, expert subject matter input and design for a variety of projects:
- roof replacement;
- building enclosure repair or renewal;
- parking garage restoration;
- boiler replacement;
- installation or upgrade of the emergency backup generator;
- mechanical and electrical upgrades and renewals;
- interior improvement; and
- remodelling projects
Through a practical process, we validate supplier capabilities, specialties, reliability, financials, prior experience, etc…
Bidders List Optimization
With our ongoing projects and past experiences and references, we leverage resources and our supplier performance management process to select the most capable, reliable and competitive bidders for each project.
With the created specifications and tender package, we issue tenders to all pre-qualified and select bidders, and manage all required vendor clarifications, prepare the bid analysis and award recommendation.
Communication and transparency is a key part of our project management philosophy; project managers preside over site meetings to verify our clients’ requirements, resolve construction issues, and manage schedules.
We oversee and administer all required issuance of certificates, minutes, payment certification, and release of holdbacks pertaining to the contract. We manage and administer project contracts to minimize cost overruns and use of contingencies. Our project management team, assisted by all design professionals outline field review requirements and perform periodic site reviews. The reviews ensure construction is carried out in accordance with the design intent and contract documents; and quality of construction and building materials is maintained as per the terms of the contract.